How does the COVID-19 nasal swab test work? What’s the process?
imaware™ has a six-step process:
- Patient acquires test through the City of Houston, City of Austin or through purchase on our website. They will need to take the screening assessment and will need to be deemed high-risk in order to receive a test.
- Once an order is received, someone from our team will reach out in 1-2 business days to schedule an appointment to conduct the test.
- On the day of your appointment, a healthcare professional will come to your home to administer the test. The healthcare professional utilizes the CDC-approved collection kit to capture the patient’s sample and delivers the sample to one of our CLIA-certified national lab provider locations.
- You will be provided a kit code on the day of your test, along with instructions on how to create an account and register the kit code. We cannot process your sample until this step is completed.
- Our CLIA-certified national lab provider safely processes the sample, with results provided within 3 business days.
- An independent clinician under the Wheel network reviews the results, identifies positive patients, notifies public health offices and contacts the patient for further care instructions